A popular beauty spot in Whatstandwell is being restored to its former glory, thanks to a project by villagers.
The area on Main Road, opposite the Shaws Hill turn has become obscured by scrub trees and bushes and home to a broken down bench.
However, the committee at Whatstandwell Social Club obtained the permission from Derbyshire County Council for a cast iron and wood replacement with plaque.
An information board detailing the “unique juxtaposition” of the four transport modes going through the valley of road, rail, canal and river and is also planned as well as a clearance of the overgrown flora and fauna.
- Man arrested in connection with factory fire in Belper
- BELPER FIRE LATEST - VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows smoke billowing from former Thorntons building
- BELPER FIRE LATEST - VIDEO: Witnesses tell of ‘horrific’ explosion
- VIDEO: large fire in Derwent Street, Belper
- Lorry sheds load of potatoes after crash at Little EaTon
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Belper
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east