Town will pay its respects to fallen soldiers 94 years on
Belper will pays its respects to the fallen this Sunday – 94 years after the guns fell silent on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.
The town council’s Remembrance Day Service will take commence with the Wreath Laying Ceremony in the town’s Memorial Gardensat 10.30 am.
A two-minute silence will observed in the gardens at 11am, following which the parade will leave at 11.10 am and make its way to Central Methodist Church for a service at 11.30 am.
In addition to these arrangements in Belper a service is to be held at 10 am at the Holy Trinity Church in Milford.
Any enquiries about the services should be made to town clerk Roz Bullimore at the Belper Town Council Offices on 01773 822116.
Last year the Poppy Appeal raised a record £38million nationally by selling about 40 million poppies.
This year the appeal, which has been running for more than 90 years, is aiming to raise £42million from the poppies which are handmade at a factory in Richmond, South West London.
To support The Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal for 2012 log-on to their website by visiting www.britishlegion.org.uk.
- Police urge action over hate crime
- BELPER FIRE LATEST - VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows smoke billowing from former Thorntons building
- BELPER FIRE LATEST - VIDEO: Witnesses tell of ‘horrific’ explosion
- VIDEO: asbestos warning after huge fire in Derwent Street, Belper
- VIDEO: First ever Belper youth market and arts festival launch draw hundreds of people into town
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Belper
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West