Further dramatic footage of the fire which consumed a building in Belper town centre has emerged.
James Clegg, who was working as a physiotherpist at Derbyshire 2nd XI and Lancashire 2nd XI at Belper Meadows Cricket Club, captured this video on his mobile phone.
Players scrambling to flee the pitch can be seen as the blaze causes smoke to billow from a disused building on the old Thorntons site.
The fire broke out at around 3.30pm and police and fire chiefs advised people living nearby not to pick it up debris as it may contain asbestos.
Now, Amber Valley Borough Council has employed a specialist contractor to begin the initial clean up.
If you suspect that some of this material may be on your property please call the council to arrange its removal on 01773 841414.
A spokesman issued the following advice:
• Dampen any materials
• Minimise your exposure to the material.
• Wear gloves if you need to move the material.
• Do not break up the material.
• The material can be placed in double plastic bags for later collection by Amber •
Valley Borough Council.