Fire spreads to garage

0
Have your say

a GARAGE at a house in Belper was damaged after a fire spread from nearby recycling bins.

The blaze, on Penn Street, is believed to have been started deliberately in a wheelie bin, before spreading to two recycling ones.

The flames then spread to the garage, causing damage to the door and roof.

Firefighters were called out to the blaze at 3.15am on Sunday, January 30. The fire was put out by 4am.

No-one was reported injured in the blaze, but a fire service spokesman said: “Police were asked to attend as it is believed it was started deliberately.”

Meanwhile, crews from Derbyshire fire and rescue were out and about in the county on Saturday, January 29, to raise awareness of fire safety in the home and the importance of fitting and testing smoke alarms.

They will be out and about in the county in the coming weeks. Get advice at www.derbys-fire.gov.uk.