Arson and burglary case
Police are appealing for information following a burglary at a hair salon and a suspected arson in Heanor.
At around 5am on Sunday, February 3 a stolen Fiat Punto was set on fire on what used to be a car park at the rear of the Rays Arms pub on Ray Street. It is believed the fire was started deliberately. The car is thought to have been stolen from Digby Street, Ilkeston sometime between 6pm on Friday, February 1 and 1.30pm on Saturday, February 2.
A burglary took place at a nearby hair salon sometime between 4.30pm on Saturday, February 2 and 9.30am on Sunday, February 3. Cash and hair products were stolen from Another Notion salon on Derby Road.
There was also an attempted burglary at Halo Hair and Beauty on Ray Street in the early hours of Sunday morning. A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of arson and burglary.
- Man arrested in connection with factory fire in Belper
- BELPER FIRE LATEST - VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows smoke billowing from former Thorntons building
- BELPER FIRE LATEST - VIDEO: Witnesses tell of ‘horrific’ explosion
- VIDEO: large fire in Derwent Street, Belper
- Lorry sheds load of potatoes after crash at Little EaTon
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Belper
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east