Trading standards have carried out checks on products sold in E-cig shops across Derbyshire following incidents where the devices have exploded in people’s homes.
Officers from Derbyshire County Council visited 14 of the shops across the county in March and April and bought e-cigarettes, wall chargers and e-liquids mainly from independent shops specialising in the products.
The products were sent for testing and many did not meet safety standards. Shops found selling unsafe products have been re-visited and the products taken off the shelves.
Derbyshire County Council Cabinet Member for Health and Communities Councillor Dave Allen said: “This new technology isn’t without potential risks.”