Man given first aid after bedroom fire at Derbyshire pub

editorial image
1
Have your say

A man was given first aid after a bedroom fire at a pub.

Crews from Ripley, Belper and Alfreton were called out to the blaze at around 6.20pm at a pub on Park Road in Heage, on Friday, October 24.

The fire, in the two-storey building, had broken out in a bedroom and was around 10 metres by 20 metres.

Everyone was safely out of the building but the ambulance was called to treat a man suffering from smoke inhalation.

He was given first aid at the scene.

Police were also called for traffic control.

The property was ventilated and crews left the scene at 7.30pm.