More than 70 years of Matlock history came tumbling down today with the demolition of the Lido.
The facility started out life as an open air swimming pool back in May 1938, costing the council £12,000 to build.
In the 1970s Derbyshire Dales District Council put a roof on the pool.
Over the years the its condition began to deteriorate and residents started to call for a more up–to–date leisure facility for the town.
Last year the state–of–the–art Arc Leisure Centre was built off Bakewell Road, and the Lido closed its doors for the final time in August.