Extra sessions have been planned for residents wanting their say on controversial plans for a major shake up of NHS care in Derbyshire.
The informal drop-in sessions are in addition to a number of public meetings which are taking place as part of the Better Care Closer to Home consultation.
The aim of the plans is to provide care closer to home for older people receiving inpatient care in a community hospital or for older people with dementia who currently receive services from community hospitals.
Two community hospitals in Derbyshire to close?
Campaigners rally to try and save Derbyshire community hospitals
Beds could go at Buxton’s Cavendish Hospital as part of healthcare review
High Peak councillors have their say on controversial hospital plans
Health bosses say that if the proposals were introduced, over time it will reduce the demand for community hospital beds. This would mean the closure of some hospital wards, and eventually, the closure of both Bolsover and Newholme hospitals.
The new drop-in sessions will take place at:
• Pilsley Surgery, Willow Close, Pilsley on August 15, 9am-11am
• Holmewood Surgery, 19a Heath Road, Holmewood, Chesterfield on August 17, 9am-11am
• Creswell Medical Centre, Welbeck Street, Creswell on August 22, 9am-11am
• Langwith Medical Centre, 206 Main Street, Langwith, Mansfield, September 2, 9am-11am
• Killamarsh Medical Practice, 209 Sheffield Road, Killamarsh, September 5 - 4pm-6pm
• Bakewell Medical Centre, Butts Road, Bakewell, September 6, 9am-12noon
• Evelyn Medial Centre, Marsh Avenue, Hope on September 7, 9am-12noon
• Tibshelf Surgery, 3 Waverley Street, Tibshelf, September 8, 4.30pm-6.30pm
• Tideswell Surgery, Parke Road, Tideswell, September 12, 9am-12noon
• Castle Street Medical Centre, Bolsover, September 12, 3.30pm-5.30pm
• Emmett Car Surgery, Abbey Place, Renishaw, September 15, 9am-11am
• Stonebroom Surgery, 189 Birkinstyle Lane, Alfreton, September 15, 3.30pm-5.30pm
• Shirebrook Village Hall, September 6, 6pm-8pm
• Buxton Pavilion Gardens, September 7, 6pm-8pm
• Chesterfield Panthers Rugby Club, September 8, 10am-12noon
• Members’ Room, County Hall, Matlock, September 13, 6.15pm-8.15pm
• Clay Cross Social Centre, September 14, 6pm-8pm
• Post Mill Centre, South Normanton, September 20, 6pm-8pm
• Hope Valley College, September 22, 6pm-8pm