Ross ends his stellar career
BELPER’s swimming Olympian Ross Davenport has confirmed that he is retiring from competitive action at the age of 28.
What turned out to be his last competitive race was the final of the 800 metres freestyle relay at the London Olympics, held at the London Aquatics Centre in the summer.
Ross, a 200 metres freestyle specialist, started out with Belper Marlin Swimming Club, and went on to become a double Commonwealth Games gold medallist and a three-time Olympian.
At the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, he came home with two gold medals and a silver for his considerable efforts in the pool.
He is now to move into a coaching role with the City of Derby swimming club.
- Police urge action over hate crime
- BELPER FIRE LATEST - VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows smoke billowing from former Thorntons building
- BELPER FIRE LATEST - VIDEO: Witnesses tell of ‘horrific’ explosion
- VIDEO: First ever Belper youth market and arts festival launch draw hundreds of people into town
- Second public toilet could be re-opened
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Belper
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 13 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East