A PLANNING application has been submitted for building work to be carried out on a famous mill building in Belper.
The applicant wants to fit in more offices and retail units at De Bradelei House, Chapel Street.
The grade two listed building started life in 1834 as Brettle’s Mill. It later became the largest employer in Belper with over 1,000 workers.
In 1964 it was taken over by Courtaulds but production there ceased in the early 1980s and some of the buildings at the rear made way for a shopping development.
It now houses retail units with office accommodation on the upper floors.
A decision on the proposal is expected from Amber Valley Borough Council’s planning board next month.