Man, 50, dies of alcohol poisoning in Kilburn

A FATHER from Kilburn who died from alcohol poisoning was discovered at his home by a work colleague.

Gary Hammond, 50, of Blackberry Way, was found on April 4, when his workmate went to pick him up, a Derby inquest heard.

Pc Leila Williams said the lounge curtains at Mr Hammond’s home were open and he could be seen lying on the floor.

The inquest heard that Mr Hammond liked a social drink but had no history of alcohol problems.

In recording a verdict of accidental death, deputy coroner Louise Pinder said: “For whatever reason he drank a large amount of alcohol that night.”