Last night the East Midlands was rattled by an earthquake measuring a magnitude of 3.8 on the Richter Scale.
Here is a list of the five biggest earthquakes to be recorded in the UK since the start of the 20th Century.
5. Lincolnshire, 27th February 2008: 5.2 magnitude
This earthquake felt across large parts of the country and caused some structural damage near the epicentre.
4. Derby, 11th February 1957: 5.3 magnitude
This earthquake was felt across the whole of central England.
3. Llyn Peninsula, Wales, 19th July 1984: 5.4 magnitude
Felt across western Britain
2. North Sea, 24th January 1927: 5.7 magnitude
1. Dogger Bank, North Sea, 7th June 1932: 6.1 magnitude