Belper Town’s first defeat under new boss is to Loughborough Dynamo.

Belper Town v Daventry (purple)
Belper Town v Daventry (purple)

Belper Town fell to their first defeat under new manager Charlie Palmer, going down 2-1 to Loughborough Dynamo.

Three goals in the first half was the story of the game, with Leandro Browne scoring what was to be the winner three minutes before half-time.

Loughborough centre-half Joe Pheasant opened the scoring after 10 minutes when he glanced home left-back Scott Meer’s in-swinging corner.

The Nailers got back on level terms 10 minutes before the interval, Jonathan Williams’ right-sided free-kick evaded everyone including goalkeeper Joe McCormack and looped in at the back post.

But Dynamo re-took the lead just minutes before the half-time break, Leandro Browne collected a loose ball from the right hand side and fired a low shot into the bottom corner past Nailers ‘keeper Danny Haystead.

Rob Stevenson did his best to get Belper back in the game, five minutes into the second half he collected a lovely cross field pass from Williams on the left hand side, cut inside and smashed the ball against the cross bar with McCormack in the Dynamo goal helpless.

Loughborough had a chance of their own just after the break, Will Dennis burst down the right wing and centered the ball for Luke Edwards, who could only scuff the ball towards goal whilst in space just inside the box.

Arguably Belper’s best chance fell to Paul Lister, another Williams’ set-piece found Lister with a free header eight yards out from goal but the Nailer’s Captain could only head over.

Belper head to Basford United on Saturday to continue their Evo-Stik Division One South schedule.

Belper Town: Haystead (GK), Shaw, Cooksey, Williams, Lister (Capt.), Watt, Johnson (Hemagou 60’), Goddard, Minott (Ryan 79’), Garnett, Stevenson.

Unused subs: Marshall, Wedderburn, Kabanje.

Loughborough Dynamo: McCormack (GK), Dawkins, Meer, Maddison, Pheasant, Sibson, Dennis, Leggitt, Edwards (Mulonga 88’), Norris (Capt.), Brownie.

Unused subs: Wallace, Hart, Brown-Wingfield, Phillip.

Attendance: 192

Referee: Sam Hulhall (Northwich) Assistant referee: Kenwyn Hughes (Southwell) & Paul Buck (Long Eaton)