No words of Kind-ness from Belper United Reserves chief


Belper United Reserves’ boss Dave Kinder slammed his side after they were whacked 4-0 at Pinxton.

Kinder says the decision to keep faith with the same side, following the previous week’s disappointment against Hucknall, backfired on him.

“There were discussions during the week about the starting line-up following last week’s dropped points at Hucknall,” said Kinder.

“We decided on giving those players a chance to redeem themselves with a performance.

“However, this clearly backfired on us as only a couple of players really came out of it with any credit.

“Pinxton were a very forceful, if a little dangerous at times, side and I think this put fear into a handful of the players which was difficult to have to watch on the sides.

“Paul Robinson showed why I made him captain today as his willing running and fighting spirit should have been an inspiration to the players around him.”

The state of the pitch meant the chances of much football being played was minimal and the home side used this to their advantage as they spent the first 20 minutes putting in a number of dangerous challenges.

This roughing-up by the home players seemed to affect Belper and Pinxton started to dominate the game for long spells.

The deadlock was broken when a Pinxton forward ran through on goal only to be upended by Mark Rathbone for a penalty.

Rathbone was lucky that Sam Beadle was close to covering or the resultant yellow card could have easily been a red.

The penalty was converted to give the hosts the lead.

The score remained 1-0 until half-time but in the remaining minutes of the half Belper lost both Ali Ferrar and Chris Vickers to injury.

Belper started the second half brighter but any control they looked to gain was wiped away after 50 minutes when Pinxton doubled their lead.

Shaun Bestwick took too long on the ball and was dispossessed just outside the Belper box and was duly punished by the Pinxton attack.

After this Tarik Harvey was introduced and Belper finally started playing some decent football with chances for Robinson, James Dennis and Matt Wright being blocked at close-range.

Tom Curtis started finding more space on the left too and a couple of his crosses were close to being finished off by the Belper forward line.

However, the game was truly out of sight for Belper when Pinxton got their third with 20 minutes left.

An inswinging free-kick from the left was poorly defended with Pinxton winning the first ball and eventually tucking home at the second attempt.

With 10 minutes left Pinxton got their final goal when one of their strikers ran through on goal before lofting the ball over the onrushing Rathbone.